Here are some great IT community websites for PowerShell scripting, Microsoft Gallery, OS Deployment, SCCM, MDT, Intune, Azure and more. Have fun and enjoy!
1. OS Deployment
- OSDeploy.com – Created by David Segura, OSDeploy has great PowerShell scripts for servicing Windows 10, Server 2019 and Office 2016 updates offline.
- DeploymentResearch.com – Founded by Johan Arwidmark, Deployment Research is well known in the IT OS Deployment community and is a great blog. Johan speaks at Microsoft events such as Ignite and Microsoft Management Summit.
- DeploymentBunny.com – Founded by Mikael Nystrom, he is a very popular instructor and is often used by Microsoft for partner training as well as to speak at major conferences such as Ignite, MMS, Techmentor, IT/Devconnections etc. He also has a sweet Image Factory with a UI config!
- GaryTown.com – Community specialist in OSD/IPU, MMS speaker and more.
2. PKI References (Public key Infrastructure)
- How To Configure Microsoft SCCM to Use HTTPS/PKI – Video and Blog post. In this step-by-step guide, we will walk through the process of switching Microsoft SCCM from HTTP to HTTPS.
- Key Factor – PKI as a Service Lifecycle Management product and service for cloud and local key management.
3. MEMCM (Formely known as SCCM)
- ConfigMgr Prerequisites Tool – This tool will assist administrators in installing all the correct prerequisites for a ConfigMgr hierarchy, different Site Systems Roles and much more.
- Right-Click Tools for MEMCM Console – Awesome free community tool that adds right-click options to the MEMCM console such as bulk add PCs from a list to a collection and more. Scroll to the bottom of the website, enter an email and download the tool.
- Set of Operational MEMCM Collections – This script will create a set of 88 MEMCM collections for your various needs. These collections can be used for operational tasks afterward.
- Incremental versions – Endpoint Manager | Microsoft Docs. Provides the latest, current branch details about MEMCM.
- MEMCM Technical Preview – Introduces new features that aren’t yet included in the current branch of Configuration Manager.
- ConfigMgr Client TCP Port Tester – PowerShell script tool for testing the required TCP ports on MEMCM client systems. The tool does not currently test UDP ports. Created by Trevor Jones.
- LAPS Extension for SCCM 2012 R2 + | With this extension for MEMCM you can easily access the LAPS password for all of your domain computers from within the MEMCM console; a button will be added to the ribbon and the right-click menu. Very cool!
- Endpoint Manager Current Branch Antivirus Exclusions – Updated website that includes everything needed to create AV exclusions for MEMCM current branch.
- Network Ports used in Endpoint Manager (Updated 4.10.2019) – This article lists the network ports that Endpoint Manager uses. Some connections use ports that aren’t configurable, and some support custom ports that you specify.
- Show and Save all MEMCM – MDT Task Sequence variables – Awesome tool to View, Create, Edit or Save all MDT & MEMCM Task Sequence variables. Normal & Secure mode. Online & Offline Task Sequence Viewer.
- Monitoring LAPS with Configuration Manager – This post explains how to verify whether LAPS is installed and working properly using configuration items and baselines in Endpoint Manager. If LAPS cannot change the password, or if it is uninstalled, alerts will appear in the Endpoint Manager console. Great work by Jörgen Nilsson at 4SysOps.
4. Windows 10 / Server
- Windows 10 – release information | Microsoft Docs | Outlines the current and previous versions / Channels of Windows 10.
- Windows lifecycle fact sheet – Windows Help | Outlines the Windows lifecycle support for various Windows OS versions.
- Windows 10 Insider Program Blog – Provides the latest news about upcoming Windows 10 preview builds.
- Windows 10 Preview ISO Downloads | Get the Windows 10 preview build ISO that can be tested standalone or with SCCM or MDT.
- LAPS Extension for SCCM 2012 R2 + | With this extension for SCCM you can easily access the LAPS password for all of your domain computers from within the SCCM console; a button will be added to the ribbon and the right-click menu. Very cool.
- OSDSetupAdditionalUpgradeOptions Task Sequence variable – Windows 10 In-Place upgrade task sequence variable with various important switches.
- Value: /priority high – How to Speed up Windows 10 Upgrade using SCCM Task Sequence
- Value: /DiagnosticPrompt enable (Recommended to use a task sequence step condition for If File Exist to ensure this value is only set for SCCM Admins to troubleshoot issues) – How can I enable the diagnostic prompt for Windows 10 upgrades in Windows 10 v1703 and later
- Registry to PowerShell converter – This is an online utility to convert Windows registry keys and values to PowerShell! Very cool.
- PowerShell App Deployment Toolkit – The PowerShell App Deployment Toolkit provides a set of functions to perform common application deployment tasks and to interact with the user during deployment.
6. Office 365 / 2016
- Office 365 Customization Tool / Online Editor – Click to Run Configuration Tool for Office Customization of the XML
- Office 365 PowerShell install for PPKG or Intune – Technet blog sample PowerShell script to install Office 365 from a zipped file using PowerShell script. Very cool.
7. WaaS Servicing Tools and Resources
- OSBuilder.com – PowerShell module to perform offline servicing of Windows 10 or Windows Server OS images or ISO media.
- The OneDrive sync client update process – Microsoft additional information about the ring release cycle (part of WaaS servicing) for the OneDrive client.
- WaaS (GaryTown) – Great task sequence template content and more.
8. *******Microsoft AutoPilot / Azure ********
- Inside Windows Autopilot user-driven Hybrid Azure AD Join – July 15th 2019 blog post from Michael Niehaus. A deep-dive look at user-driven mode with Hybrid Azure AD Join. This is a critical discussion and great article from Michael on the gotchas, specific requirements and clarification on common misconceptions.